Friday 28 January 2011

Memories

Ok so today I had a fabulous surprise, getting in touch with somebody from my long-forgotten (or repressed) childhood.
Hail, wonders of the internet and social networking sites.
For a moment I was back there, in that space and time, memories rushing in, images, colours, smells and tastes, a whirlwind of feelings, a vortex.
Last time I visited the places of my childhood was about a year ago, when I was on a trip to my home country. A night of 'Whilst you are here, pick your soul up and take it back with you'. It never wanted to leave there. My soul is still roaming the streets of my childhood, in a sort of a parallel universe that only memories can give birth to, where there is an eternal hot summer afternoon, smelling of dust, and youth, and grazed knees, vanilla ice-cream and linden trees in blossom.
So yes, my new old friend, the one who took me there again tonight, my soul is still there, and I beg you, if you see it please look after it.

No comments: